One of Spokane's Best Thai Restaurants!. Service, though soft spoken, is very friendly and nice. And the food is delicious. I have tried many things off their menu, and also have patronized every other Thai restaurant in the Spokane/Cour d'Alene area, and I can say that it is top notch. I work a block away from Thai Grill and was pleased to see that one of our greatest Thai Bistros was nearby. Ignore any detrimental reviews made about Thai Grill and go try them yourself, you will be very pleased you did so.
Burnt spaghetti noodles with a side of bad service and horrible prices.
I'm a nice guy. Every restaurant I go to starts with a blank slate no matter what I've heard. Well I should have listened to what I heard about this one.... And you should too....
1) The Tom Kha soup tasted really good. Very tasty mushrooms and chicken.
1) The Tom Kha came in a 16oz Latte to-go cup... And was eight dollars.
2) The daughter/family have a fun little hang out area set up in the big booth in the corner of the small lobby. They have groceries, a laptop, and other fun activities for them to do. Letting your customers know you live in a restaurant isn't too amusing.
3) The "fresh" spring rolls are the deep fried Costco-style ones, not the clear wrapped delicious type.
4) The Pad Thai... If they really even call it that... Was burnt spaghetti noodles stir-fried up with soy sauce and chicken (with some tofu that got in there somehow), and didn't even remotely resemble any Thai flavor.
5) The Pad Kee Mao... Also disappointing. They used some kind of thicker burnt pasta noodles (not like the wide rice noodles that are supposed to be in it). And for the vegetables, they used broccoli, and that is all. This was also stir-fried up with soy sauce and also had no resemblance of anything Thai.
6) They didn't answer their phone at all when we called to get our money back, probably because they knew it was bad.
Like I said, I'm not the type of guy that gets mad... but spending 35 bucks where the only thing worth eating was the soup... that came in a to-go latte cup... It just doesn't cut it for me. These people need to go to a real Thai restaurant and try their Pad Thai and Pad Kee Mao. They will be blown away.
Speaking of being blown away... I also spent the whole next day staying very close to a toilet. Thanks Thai Grill!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!